SteelSeries is a huge, renowned manufacturer of hardware used by gamers around the world. They make a wide variety of products, from keyboards, headsets and mice used both professionally and casually.
The SteelSeries World of Warcraft mouse is a relatively new mouse manufactured by this company. SteelSeries developed this mouse in conjunction with Blizzard Entertainment, the main company that developed the massively successful trio StarCraft, Diablo, and World of Warcraft. All three game series have been played by millions of people.
Features Of Steelseries World Of Warcraft Gaming Mouse
The SteelSeries WOW gaming mouse has been released at least 3 times. The one we are reviewing here was specifically built to work with the World of Warcraft game. Its features include:
- In game integration which allows one to configure the settings of the mouse directly from the World of Warcraft interface which you will find to be extremely convenient if you play frequently.
- It is medium sized with an ergonomic shape
- Has an easy to reach 11 button layout that makes it both comfortable and functional
- Build with an intuitive dragging and dropping software, which enables the users of the mouse to program the 11 buttons with at least 130 game commands. This enables them to not only create custom macros, but also use an in-game scripting language with ease.
- Capability to customize the appearance because of the 8 million color illumination
- 4 pulsation levels and options
- Compatible not only with Windows, but the Mac OS too
- Very light weight and compact; measures 8 x 6.8 x 2.2 inches and a mere 10.6 ounces
- Designed for use in long playing sessions
- Sleek design
Pros Of The World Of Warcraft Mouse
As we have shown, this Steelseries mouse has several features. We have listed only a few notable ones here, though there are definitely more advanced features for the more hardcore.
- It has a medium size compared to other mice, making it comfortable to hold and use
- Sleek design which can give one a feeling of sophistication and coolness
- Has numerous buttons which makes it very functional to use when you’re gaming
- It is light weight, making it efficient to use with your gaming PC setup
- Has inbuilt software which means that it updates with WoW automatically
- Has good reviews on Amazon from people who purchased and used it
- Has a fair price compared to previous versions (there has since been an upgraded version, called the Cataclysm gaming mouse — click to see it)
Cons Of The Steelseries World Of Warcraft Gaming Mouse
Although our research revealed a lot of glowing reviews for this WOW mouse, some were not so bright and optimistic. One buyer for instance stated that they were not pleased with the way it was built, having a plethora of buttons on the side. Though we do see this as becoming a hindrance to some, it did not get in the way of our testers, as they are most certainly experienced in testing out other gaming hardware and were used to setups similar to this.
Another buyer, on the other hand, thought that the light being emitted was too strong, making it tough to play in the night. This was a common opinion amongst our panel of 3 hardware reviewers at Mysteryblock. There was also no setting to dim the light, though it did look pretty neat in the daytime.
In general, the Steelseries World Of Warcraft gaming mouse has several fantastic reviews, multiple features and very few cons online. It can thus, pass for a very good addition to your gaming paraphernalia.
Check to see if they are discounted!